There are many routes into work, but sometimes you just need to know where to start

Young people face a really complicated situation when looking for work. Finding the right industry, gaining the right skills and compensating for not having as much experience is a complicated issue. Combine that with careers advisors, labour hire companies and recruitment services and it becomes a complicated challenge.

MAX Solutions is one of four providers delivering SSHYE in the Western Sydney region and is one of 10 providers statewide.

I was tired of jumping from job to job without any real signs of a career that I was interested in.

Dave, 19

After not going to college and a few years working different jobs, Dave found it difficult to find work that he was interested in. He wanted to find work that held a future but didn’t have the experience or right training to get his foot in the door.

I didn’t realise I could get this sort of help. My parents help me out a bit but I wanted to solve it myself.

Sarah, 23

I was confused. There was a lot going on in my life, all pretty small things that didn’t seem like they mattered. But combined they were holding me back. Having a casual conversation and being able to just understand my options helped me find a way out of a rut.

Types of help

We can help you find employment in a number of ways. Rather than just mail out your CV or find work you don’t want, we’ll work with you to understand where you want to be. Putting the pieces in place is the first step to finding your way through. We can help with:

  • Improving resumes and applications
  • Relevant training
  • Mentoring
  • Transport
  • Work experience or volunteering
  • Assistance with other challenges like childcare, homelessness, addiction, health and mental health.



The right fit

Sound like you?

  • Aged 15-24 years
  • Completed Year 10 or be 17 years of age
  • Not registered with the Commonwealth employment service/program such as jobactive, DES or Transition to Work
  • An Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, humanitarian visa holder (including refugees and humanitarian visa categories) or New Zealand citizen